Samsung Galaxy A15 5G in Kenya
The Samsung Galaxy A15 5G Price in Kenya is Kes 34,500. It is a good budget option for users who prioritize a bright display, long battery life, and 5G connectivity. However, if you need a phone for heavy gaming or multitasking, you might want to consider other options with more powerful processors.
Samsung Galaxy A15 5G Specifications in Kenya
|6.5 inches (163.9 mm)
|FHD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels)
|MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ (octa-core)
|4GB or 6GB
|64GB or 128GB
|MicroSD card (up to 1TB)
|50MP (wide) + 5MP (ultrawide) + 2MP (macro)
|15W fast charging
|Android 11 (upgradable to Android 12)
|5G, 4G LTE, 3G, 2G
|Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
|GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
|Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Geomagnetic sensor, Proximity sensor
|Brave Black, Personality Yellow, Magical Blue, Optimistic Blue
|USB Type-C Port
|Price in Kenya
|From Kes 34,500
- 6.5″ FHD+ Super AMOLED: This means the screen is large (around 16.5 cm diagonally), offers sharp resolution (around 2340 x 1080 pixels), uses an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology for vibrant colors and deep blacks, and has a higher refresh rate of 90Hz compared to the standard 60Hz for smoother animations and scrolling.
- MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ (octa-core): This is a mid-range processor that can handle everyday tasks like browsing, social media, and light gaming well. However, it might not be ideal for demanding applications like high-end games or video editing.
- 4GB or 6GB: RAM stores data used by recently opened apps. Having 4GB is sufficient for basic use, but 6GB offers better multitasking performance and keeps more apps running smoothly in the background.
- 64GB or 128GB (expandable with microSD): 64GB provides enough space for most users for everyday apps and photos, but if you download a lot of games or media, 128GB might be better. MicroSD card slot allows you to add extra storage if needed.
- 50MP main: This sensor captures high-resolution photos with good detail in daylight. However, low-light performance might not be as impressive.
- 5MP ultrawide: This lens allows you to capture wider landscapes or group shots compared to the main camera.
- 2MP macro: This lens is for close-up shots of small objects like flowers or insects.
- 13MP front-facing: This camera takes decent selfies and video calls.
- 5000mAh with 15W fast charging: This large battery provides long-lasting power for most users even with moderate usage. 15W fast charging allows you to get a significant charge in a short time.
- Android 13 (upgradeable to Android 14): The phone comes with the latest Android version, offering access to all the latest features and apps. The upgrade to Android 14 ensures you have the newest software with potential improvements in performance and security.
Pros and Cons
- Bright and smooth display: The Super AMOLED panel with 90Hz refresh rate offers a great viewing experience for everyday tasks and multimedia.
- 5G connectivity: Future-proofed with access to faster 5G networks.
- Decent cameras: The 50MP main sensor can capture good photos in daylight, and the ultrawide and macro lenses provide options for different types of shots.
- Long battery life: The 5000mAh battery should easily last a full day on a single charge.
- Samsung Knox security: Built-in security features to protect your data and privacy.
- Mediocre performance: The Dimensity 6100+ processor is not the fastest, and might struggle with demanding apps and games.
- Limited storage: The base 64GB storage might not be enough for some users, especially with the 5G capabilities.
- Low water resistance: Only basic splash resistance, not waterproof.
- Plastic build: Feels less premium compared to some other phones in the same price range.